Thursday, May 21, 2009

Due Date Eve

Well we've made it to the end and that our little girl will be a Gemini. Tomorrow is D-day and I'm not optimistic that she'll be born until after her due date. We went to the doctor today and I am about 3-4 cm dilated and 70% effaced (see previous posts for diagrams). My blood pressure and weight were up--which I am attributing to retaining water. Everything seems to keep going up until she is born--including my anxiety. We could choose to induce at anytime----but we are going to give it the long weekend and hope she wants to pop on out--otherwise we go back to the doctor on Tuesday and we'll have to make decisions on whether to go to a full 41 weeks or start working to get her out. The doc said at this point if we induce--there is a 90% success rate, which I suppose is good news, but we'll give her a few more days and see what happens. I made the decision to offically start my maternity leave tomorrow, so that is one load of stress off my plate--12 + weeks of no work---Super! I'm sure I'll be busy and not miss it--but part of me wonders what my days will be like. I've been so bored this week working from home- it is ridiculous. Well I'm rambling on now, so I guess that is all-I look forward to when there is something more exciting for me to write about.

No comments: