Sunday, September 26, 2010

Elmo Loves Bathtime!

Another project in underway: Tranforming our grown-up guest bath to a kid friendly bath time paradise.

Since Chloe's bedroom decor is pretty girly, I wanted to do something a little more gender neutral.  Elmo and ABC's is the theme and the decorating is underway.

 We began with a few Elmo accessories--toy holder, faucet cover, and towels.  There is a red mat in front of the sink that matches the Elmo towels that also says Chloe and we also have some Elmo non-slip decals and a bathtub mat in the tub. 

In the sink area of the bathroom, there is a border of ABC's that repeats twice all the way around the room.  The bathroom is sponsored by the letter C which stands for Chloe and Clean.  It was created with the help of two brothers--Glue and Staple Gun and a few friendly pom poms from JoAnn's

There is still alot of work to do.  On the blank wall will go Chloe's growth chart which I hope to have up before she turns 18 months, I'm also looking for letter hooks to hang towels on, I'm going back and forth on whether they should be ABC hooks or XYZ hooks or spell out BATH--all fit with the ABC theme.  The rest will come soon,  we need a bath mat, and some more decor in the tub and toliet area, shower curtain, maybe a fun trash can if there is such a thing.  I'm also on the look out for foreign language alphabeth posters for a twist on the theme.

1 comment:

Nicole S. said...

I like B A T H